PLEASE LOOK OUT FOR CARLA YOUNG & FRIENDS FOR TICKET SALES IN THE LOBBY AFTER SPRING BREAK! ONLINE PAYMENT WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON….
Dear Neighborhood School Families,
At long last, spring has sprung! I hope that you got outside to enjoy the beautiful weather this past weekend. Many of our classes will celebrate Earth Day after Sing on Wednesday. The fifth grade girls in the Girls Project have organized activities including a puppet show, ball throwing into recycled bottles, planting seeds, information about endangered animals and more. We will also have a visit from Lower East Side Ecology Center to demonstrate worm composting, a visit from the the Billion Oyster Project and environmental activist junior high school students from the Island School, An Edible Bug Booth, composting worms brought to us by the Lower East Side Ecology, live chickens and a chance to learn more about local environmental issues from United for Action and All Our Energy. Please visit, if you can! We will be on the 4th Street side yard until 10:40am.
Thank you to all parents who organized and attended our Spring Fling Saturday night; I haven’t had so much fun in a long time! I spoke to 3 new parents (who have incoming 3rd graders) and they were overwhelmed by the warmth and openness of our community. I, too was struck by the generosity (in so many ways) of our parents. There was such a positive feeling in the room. The event is over but you still have a chance to support our school by bidding on the online auction. There are still many great items available and a chance to score some great deals on items that have no/very low bids! Check it out: http://tnsny.org/auction.
Mark your calendars:
SLT is Monday from 5:30 - 7pm in Danette’s Room. All are welcome.
The ECO Committee will meet Tuesday morning after drop-off in Danette’s Room.
Sing is Wednesday at 8:45am in the Auditorium.
Our General PTA meeting is Thursday at 8:40am in the PTA Room. Please let me know if you are willing to be on the Nominative Committee for next year’s PTA Board.
Spring Break is Monday, April 25 - Friday, April 29.
Have a wonderful week and if I don’t see you before Friday, enjoy your Spring Break; I hope you the opportunity to spend time with your family.
The event is over but you still have a chance to support our school by bidding in our online auction.
There are still many great items available and a chance to score some great deals on items that have no bids or very low bidding!
These inlude: summer programs at Alt School and Maker State, a family Membership at the Chinatown Y, Yoga classes and much more.
Get your bids in by noon tomorrow!
TNS Auction Committee
Top 5 reasons why you should come to the 2016 auction on Saturday and bring friends and neighbors!
5. We have amazing items up for bids – restaurants, travel packages, fashion items, classes, camps, fitness– you name it!
4. Hear the Suffragents, our TNS House band made up of current and alumni parents jam to the sweet sounds of a David Bowie tribute. Rock on!
3. Sample foods from local restaurants and restaurants owned by TNS families, generously donated and paired with fun drinks.
2. When you show your pride in attending school events such as this, it illustrates a positive example for your children on how school serves as community for all.
1. It’s an adult-only event…book a sitter and get to hang with other parents from our school in a fun and gorgeous setting.
Bonus Reason: You know the after-school program, /author visit /Studio-in-a-School workshop / architecture-building class and of course the paraprofessional that your child raves about? Those programs exist at TNS because of parents like you attending events like these!
Don’t forget, if you can’t be there, you can buy tickets to sponsor a teacher to go to the auction - they work hard a deserve a night out.
You can also bid on items online, even if you can’t be at the event in person. Get the grandparents to bid too - and maybe they’ll win, and give YOU their restaurant gift certificate :)
Tickets: $35 in advance - but them in the the lobby at drop off this week or on the school website:
- Joan Beard on Girls Project ECO Fair Prep!
- Joan Beard on Getting ready for ECO FAIR 2016!!
- Victoria Lee Reichelt on Lego Walk Of Fire
- delete on LaShell, Tahnen, Sharif and Kasar- Family Fun
- Victoria Lee Reichelt on Week of October 12, 2015
- Victoria Lee Reichelt on Little Passports
- Kitty Ifill on Farmigo Is Back!
- Nanine Blomstrom on Week of August 12, 2015
- Lorraine Hutra-Petersen on What’s Up June 2015
- Diana Soltren on Week of April 13, 2015