Tonight TNS will be having a Community Check In Potluck and what that means is we are taking time to connect, listen and share what is going on in our lives!
One of the things I love about this school is that a high value is placed on TALKING and LISTENING. We see it in our kids classes and we as parents need to have our own space to tune into each other.
Bring something you like to eat - then you know there will be something you like. If you run out of time - just show up, everyone is welcome. We will be in Danette’s Room so the kids can have fun down stairs with Ceasar and Joash. Rumor has it there will be brownies as well as the pizza pie for them!
Tonight gives all of us a chance to meet new people and be in a relaxed and casual setting with no agenda other than to get to know each other a bit better. In the past we have had some amazing conversations at these potluck dinners and I am sure tonight will be no different.
This Saturday, March 4th, there will be a march to defend public education from Federal and State attacks. Donald Trump and Betsy DeVos are threatening to take billions of dollars from public schools and give the money to corporate interests. Governor Cuomo wants to lift the cap on charter schools while cutting funding for public schools.
Please come out in support of public education!
To find out more, click here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?fe ature=youtu.be&v=nqjd8zVLuUg
- We march for fully resourced public education.
- We march to end school privatization and high stakes testing.
- We march to end the school-to-prison pipeline and decriminalize our youth.
- We march to protect our most vulnerable students - Black, Brown, immigrant, refugee, low-income, LGBTQA students, English language learners, homeless students, and students with special needs.
You can register for the march here (although it is not required): http://www.aqeny.org/march/
- Jeanne: Josie Devlin's Mom on Week of April 24, 2017
- Dyanthe Spielberg on Just completed survey, very easy and quick
- Kate Reiss on Just completed survey, very easy and quick
- Kirsten Picott on Access your Child’s Pictures
- Lorraine Hutra-Petersen on Access your Child’s Pictures
- Nanine Blomstrom on 4th/5th Grade Camp Ashokan Fundraiser
- Victoria Lee Reichelt on TNS 25th Anniversary Kick Off Party
- Ginger Kraus on Untitled
- Nanine Blomstrom on Read-A-Thon
- Jeanne: Josie Devlin's Mom on Read-A-Thon